For online casinos, welcome bonuses are what the bait is to the angler; a way to attract and retain as many customers as possible However, as enticing as it may be, this advantage contains some subtleties that it is advisable to understand before subscribing, with the aim of taking full advantage of the offer without too many disappointments. We provide you with everything you need to know in this regard.
What to consider when getting a welcome bonus?
In the field of online gambling, many strategies are devised and implemented to attract and retain customers. Among these, offering a welcome bonus (also known as a sign-up bonus) is the most common. It comes in the form of deposit bonuses, free spins, cash-back bonuses on the first bet, game time bonuses, or even no-deposit bonuses. This offer varies from one casino to another, as do the conditions for benefiting from it, which is why it is necessary to compare casinos carefully and understand the said conditions.
The welcome bonuses, on some online casinos, can reach significant amounts and a wise comparison allows you to make a wise choice. One of the most important aspects to consider when comparing is wagering. It is about the wagering requirement that every bettor must fulfill before withdrawing the winnings obtained from a deposit bonus; precisely, it is the number of times that the amount of the bonus obtained must be wagered before any winnings made with this bonus can be withdrawn by the player. Indeed, in general, even if an online casino platform offers you money as a welcome gift, it expects in return the compliance with some rules that it is necessary to know. The casino can oppose the withdrawal of your winnings with a welcome bonus if you have failed to comply with the conditions it applies. Conversely, you will find online casinos, usually reputable brands like Cresus Casino , 22bet or Millionz who have understood the majority demand of players in the long term and prefer to offer less generous bonuses but without wagering requirements. Players will be free to withdraw their winnings at any time and have a better experience, although some types of players prefer to have very large bonuses even if they have to wager between 30 to 60 times the offered amount.
Are there any requirements to qualify for a welcome bonus?
The policy for granting a welcome bonus depends on the chosen site. However, there are immutable elements regarding the terms and conditions that can be found on almost all platforms.
These are the terms and conditions for claiming or getting the bonus (and not those for bonuses or those for cashing out real money linked to the bonus):
- Valid customer account in general, before awarding you a bonus, the majority of websites ensure that you have a verified customer account. A bank statement (RIB) and proof of identity are necessary to obtain verified account status. Once these documents are provided, a confidential code is assigned to you and as soon as you enter it, your customer account becomes valid.
- Method of payment Some casinos specify the payment methods with which you must make your deposit to be eligible for the welcome bonus. Therefore, you will not receive the bonus if you use a different payment method, even if that payment method is accepted at the casino.
- minimum age : you must be of legal age, or be at least 18 years old to be accepted on an online gaming site. This minimum age may vary between jurisdictions and casinos;
- Activating the bonus sometimes, when they are deposited into your account, bonuses remain pending, unless otherwise stated by the casino. To activate them, you just need to use the "Bonus" tab on your player account.
- Validity period The welcome bonus awarded does not remain on your account ad vitam aeternam. The allotted validity period is usually 30 days or 45 days. So you have this time to enjoy the bonus, otherwise it disappears or is no longer valid/usable.
Why use a welcome bonus?
If a player wants to test a platform without spending a penny, in this case you have to choose a casino that offers a no deposit bonus. Moreover in our section “ Free Bonuses » we reveal a list of bonuses that will allow you to play real money casino without making a deposit and for those who have been won over or who wish to take the step of making a deposit, the interest in using a welcome bonus is clearly to obtain a generally generous promotion in order to have a balance to play with that is much larger than the deposited amount. It is both an opportunity for the player and for the casino. It is an occasion to+ increase your starting capital in order to keep the fun going And learning, while also taking some gains along the way. Bettors can use it to become familiar with the offerings provided by an online gambling site.
Given that it is only awarded once, the new player has every interest in making judicious use of their welcome bonus. Once loyal, they will now only be able to benefit from generally modest bonuses, unless they are a VIP customer.
How do I request/claim a welcome bonus?
To get your welcome bonus, you must complete a online casino registration of your choice. This involves entering your personal information (date of birth, address, identification number, email address, password) in the designated space. All this information is necessary to ensure a secure game, confirm the player's legal age, and prevent unlimited bonus claims. It is securely stored in a database on the website.
However, you may be asked to insert a bonus code after registration. After this step, your bonus is automatically credited to your player account. Generally, you are informed about it through a pop-up window or via email. However, some casinos prefer to refer you to customer support.
In summary, the procedure for claiming a welcome bonus is simple and as follows:
- Go to the casino website.
- Click on the button or welcome bonus banner, visible on the homepage; or go to the "Registration" / "Sign Up" / "Create an Account" / "Sign Up" tab, but not the "Login" / "Sign In" tab.
- Fill in the registration form that appears. It is essential to provide accurate information, otherwise you will not be able to receive the bonus or withdraw your winnings when the time comes.
- If the bonus requires a code, this code must be inserted in the box provided for this purpose on the registration form.
- To validate.
- Finalize registration by confirming your account according to the procedure chosen by the casino (sometimes by sending a code by email).
- If it is a no deposit bonus, then you will receive the bonus directly into your account after completing the account creation process.
- If it is a deposit bonus, then the bonus corresponding to your deposit is credited to your player account immediately after making the deposit.
Important! For a welcome bonus on deposit (gettable after making a deposit into your account on the online casino), sometimes, when filling out the deposit form, you need to tick the box " ". Receive the welcome bonus "Or a checkbox phrased differently, but with the same message, namely your wish to receive the welcome bonus. If you do not check this box, then you will not receive the bonus. It is provided to allow the player the choice of receiving or not receiving the bonus. Furthermore, do not hesitate to contact customer service in case of any issues or concerns."
Is it possible that the welcome bonus is rigged?
Some bettors are convinced that the welcome bonuses offered by online casinos are rigged. However, this is not true, as it is a matter of the credibility of the gaming site. These bonuses serve as a seduction campaign aimed at attracting the largest possible clientele. With competition being fierce in the online casino industry, rigged bonuses would actually harm the interests of the site offering them.
In the same way, a welcome bonus cannot be used for game manipulation in favor of the casino. However, it is not uncommon to come across ungenerous offers, unfair bonus conditions and rules, and even excessively high wagering requirements. That is why it is important, once again, before requesting a welcome bonus, to carefully read the fine print.
Can a welcome bonus be declined?
It is indeed possible, as a new subscriber, to play and refuse a bonus welcome if you do not wish to benefit from it. However, the conditions for declining the offer are specific to each casino:
- Some casinos automatically award the first deposit bonus. To cancel it, you have two options. Either you contact the customer support team, or you go into your player account and click on the cancel button.
- There are cases where to receive a welcome bonus, you must check a box indicating whether or not you want to receive the bonus (when filling out the registration form, or more generally when making a deposit). Depending on the gambling site, this box may be checked or unchecked by default. Here, the choice is yours. You uncheck the box if you do not want to receive the bonus (but still read the box's indication to see if it needs to be unchecked according to your preference).
- If a code is needed to get a welcome bonus, you can just skip inserting it and you won't receive the welcome bonus;
- If you need to chat with customer support to get the welcome offer, just avoid contacting them for that reason and your account won't be credited.
How to maximize the amount of his welcome bonus?
Most of the time, welcome bonuses offered by casinos follow the formula X% up to a maximum of Y euros. Therefore, when you deposit a certain amount, you have the opportunity to benefit from the highest amount of a welcome offer. In order to obtain the maximum bonus, you must deposit an amount that will result in receiving the maximum bonus amount.
For example, if it is a 100% welcome bonus up to €150, it means that the maximum bonus amount you can receive is €150. To receive this maximum amount, you need to make a deposit of at least €150: €150 x 100% = €150. And this amount does not exceed the limit of €150. However, if you deposit €100, you will receive €100 x 100% = €100 of bonus. Note that if you deposit more than €150, for example €200, you will still receive €150 of bonus, as the maximum bonus amount is €150.
It is also common to come across offers of free spins in addition to a first deposit bonus or welcome bonus. In some cases, free spins are awarded regardless of the deposited amount, while in other circumstances, these free spins are proportional to a specific deposit amount. Therefore, you should check the minimum amount required to obtain the total number of free spins if you want to make the most of this free spins offer.
Therefore, it is in your best interest to choose a casino that offers a welcome bonus that corresponds more or less to the budget you wish to allocate for your first deposit. For example, if you had €500 to deposit, it would be beneficial to choose an online casino that offers a 100% bonus up to €500 instead of a casino that offers 200% up to €100. Conversely, if you only wanted to invest €100, it would be more advantageous to choose the casino that offers 200% up to €100!
5 tips for taking advantage of the welcome bonus at an online casino
Now here are 5 tips to take advantage of the welcome bonus at an online casino (some of these tips can be inferred from the above):
Understand the bonus first
Read carefully what the bonus has in store for you (free money, free spins, a combination of bonus money and free spins, etc.) and in what proportions and limits. Don't hesitate to contact online casino Ask the person in question to explain a misunderstood condition to you. This will also allow you to see if the support is serious, responsive, and responds to you appropriately!
Pay special attention to the bonus terms and conditions
Each casino has specific rules for its welcome bonus and you must consult them before committing (or not). The quality of a welcome bonus greatly depends on its conditions; among them, the wagering requirement is one of the most important. Also, check the other bonus conditions and make sure you can comply with them before committing. According to the feedback we receive from our players, over 95% of unpaid winnings are linked to unread or misunderstood bonus conditions.
Compare the welcome bonuses of different online casinos before making your choice
All casinos do not offer the same bonuses and do not have the same conditions for these bonuses. Based on the previous two points (as well as other criteria related to your preference for a casino), you can compare online casino welcome bonuses and select the best one. Remember that the best bonus is not necessarily the one that offers the highest bonus amount or the greatest number of free spins. but one whose conditions are easy to fulfill aprécions tant les offres de ce genre. give many reviews of online casinos to help you make a choice and quickly find reliable online casinos that match your player profile.
Try different games with your bonus
If your bonus isble on multiple games, then try these games. It is clear that the welcome bonus will not make you win a fortune, but one of the best ways to take advantage of it is to use it to discover new games, learn how they work by playing in real mode, without spending your own money and still having the possibility to win money.
Use your bonus sparingly
It's not because it's money or free spins that you have to spend it all at once. Be frugal or at least adopt a strategy for using your bonus. For example, if you plan to use it to discover games, make very small bets, especially since one of the best features of this bonus is to allow you to learn and discover games in real mode. Furthermore, if you are too extravagant with the bonus, you risk continuing this behavior with your own money.