Our site mymobicasino.com is primarily intended to introduce you to free casino games , and this for French-speaking visitors.
And you should know that depending on your country of residence, online casino gambling may NOT be permitted.
We invite you to contact the competent authorities of your country of residence to find out if you want to operate a game legally.
However, we would like to provide some advice that will be applicable to players residing, as we receive many questions on this topic. These tips cannot replace the advice of professionals, particularly in legal matters, but they can guide you.
France is a "grey market" on online casinos
There are several nuances in the world of online gaming. Some countries have authorities that allow for the distribution of gaming licenses, enabling operators to offer online gaming services to residents of the respective country. In this case, we refer to it as a white market where online gambling is authorized and regulated.
More and more countries in the world have an online gaming regulatory authority. Some countries have nuances in the licenses distributed, so for France, only horse racing, sports betting, and online poker are allowed.
The authority responsible for distributing these licenses is called "ARJEL" (Autorité de Régulation des Jeux En Ligne).
We are talking about a gray market because the ARJEL does not authorize the practice of online casinos (or not yet) and therefore does not distribute online casino licenses, but many players residing use foreign websites. Consequently, they engage in unauthorized activity on French territory.
On the contrary, Belgium has an authority (called "Commission des jeux de hasard") that distributes licenses for any type of games, including online casinos. It is a white market, with no legal ambiguity regarding casinos. Other European countries allow the use of regulated online casinos within their territories, such as Italy, Spain, Malta, Great Britain, Germany, etc.
To return to the practice of French players using foreign sites, it is important to know that these countries (outside of Europe) have different regulations and are allowed to accept players from around the world (or almost). This is the case, for example, with operators who have a license in Curacao. Casinos that have a license in Curacao are therefore legal operators (in their countries) from a legal standpoint, as they comply with the conditions set by this license. The license is strict in terms of stake redistribution, meaning that a Curacao gaming license allows for operating a real online casino while being accountable and proving that the games provided are fair to players. There is nothing to argue about this. The nuance lies in the fact that an operator licensed in Curacao will have more flexibility in accepting players from around the world or almost, and it is primarily up to the player to verify if the game is permitted or not in their country of residence.
ARJEL wishes to inform players residing that this is not allowed, even though legally no French player will have legal problems for this practice (at least not until now). ARJEL is trying and will try, like other countries, to establish close collaboration with internet service providers (ISPs) to increasingly block online casinos on French territory.
However, there are several consequences to the use of online casinos for French players:
- They will have no legal recourse if an online casino does not pay out their winnings,
- They will not be able to impose an exclusion or apply a deposit limit,
- It is possible that at any time their internet provider blocks access to the casino.
If you ever take responsibility for creating an account at an online casino (DO NOT TREATE THESE ADVICE AS AN INDUCEMENT TO PLAY ONLINE CASINO ) and you are a French resident (or territory of the French Republic), here are some tips:
- Never deposit large sums without having requested a withdrawal,
- Always have your account validated and carefully read the terms and conditions of the chosen casinos,
- If one day your Internet provider blocks your access to a casino and you still want to withdraw your earnings before closing your account, you can try using a different provider's Internet connection. It may be logical to go to another country to connect (which will probably work), but there is the (legal) principle of using a VPN, which means connecting to the Internet through a server located in another country. This allows you to bypass this protection and contact the online casino in question. We have no lessons to give you on this subject, there are enough topics on the Internet to know how to use a VPN. However, please note that using a VPN to connect to our site and play games blocked to French users remains a legal practice in the sense that all our games are free and there is no possibility to play for real money on our site. Ideally, to anticipate being blocked, always note the phone number of the chosen casino so you can call and request a withdrawal from your account.
It is your responsibility to make the choice that seems most judicious to you. Furthermore, if you wish to play an online gambling game (excluding casinos) and you are a French resident, you will find on the ARJEL website a list of sites that have an ARJEL license and can therefore provide you with all the necessary guarantees. Here is a non-exhaustive list (updated May 2022):
- zeturf.fr / zebet.fr
- parionsweb.fr / parionsweb.fdj.fr / online.parionssport.fdj.fr
- joaclub.fr / joa-club.fr / joa-online.fr / joaonline.fr
- netbet.fr / netbetsport.fr
- pokerstars.fr / pokerstarsmobile.fr / betstars.fr
- france-pari.fr / feelingbet.fr